We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017) and incorporate other experiences and opportunities which best meet the learning and developmental needs of the children in Sapling Class & Cherry Class, allowing them to flourish.
The EYFS intends to provide children with the knowledge and skills that they need to acquire to achieve the early learning goals at the end of the EYFS alongside, preparing them for their next phase of learning.
We provide inviting classroom environments, indoors and outdoors to stimulate learners and engage them in developing the three ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’ as set out within the EYFS (DfE 2017).
We provide a phonics programme following ‘Read, Write, Inc’ which is clearly planned to ensure progression and enables every child to become a reader.
- Quality teaching across all areas of the curriculum
- Stimulating learning environments both indoors and outdoors
- Well planned and organised continuous provision which allows the children to learn through play
- A carefully planned balance of adult-led, and child-led learning opportunities
- We promote a love of learning through real life experiences and opportunities to build on prior learning
- Close links with our pre-school and other nurseries to support a smooth transition into school
- Systematic approaches to teaching reading to ensure all children learn to read. High quality phonics teaching is started as soon as children begin reception
- Opportunities for families to develop a love of reading
- Planned opportunities for outdoor learning through ‘Forest Schools’ and our outdoor areas
- High levels of enjoyment and motivation demonstrated from the children which supports them to become lifelong learners
- Confident and capable readers who demonstrate a love of reading
- Evidence of strong links with parents
- Children demonstrate the characteristics of effective learning and are well prepared for the next stage in their learning
- Children feel happy and safe and enjoy coming to school
- All children access a balanced and challenging curriculum regardless of their background, needs or ability
- Children make strong progress from their starting points and are offered a broad curriculum which meets each child’s unique needs
- Children are supported by adults that are well trained, experienced, and passionate about providing the best education for every child
- The percentage of children reaching a GLD within the EYFSP is inline with the national average