Our intention is that, when children leave Ivington Primary and Pre-school, they do so with the knowledge, understanding and emotions to be able to play an active role in today’s society. We want our children to have high aspirations, a belief in themselves and realise that anything is possible if they put their mind to it.
What do we want for our pupils?
- Develop a confidence in sharing their own thoughts and opinions with others
- Develop skills and attributes to keep themselves healthy and safe
- Develop an attitude of a responsible global citizen
- To show respect of others beliefs, religions and life choices.
- To build positive, respectful relationships with other people
How do we deliver PSHE at Ivington Primary and Pre-school
- All pupils have a weekly PSHE lessons
- Long term planning is given to all staff which has been developed by The PSHE Association, this incorporates Relationships Education.
- The PSHE lead has accessed Philosophy for Children training and strategies and techniques are being shared within the school. P4C builds higher order thinking, questioning, speaking and listening skills and these are incorporated into the PSHE curriculum.
- All children are involved with our link school and engage in collaborative learning projects, which address global issues.
- Visitors such as emergency services and the school nurse complement our PSHE curriculum to offer additional learning.
- Assemblies are planned to cover any additional sessions that would benefit the whole school.
We firmly believe that a meaningful PSHE curriculum is the key to children becoming confident,
tolerant and well-rounded adults.
- Children can approach a range of real-life situations and apply their skills and attributes to help navigate themselves through modern life.
- From exposure to a range of global issues and problems, children can build up culture of respect and a sense of responsibility of being a global citizen.
- From engagement with a variety of learning opportunities, children can understand the different lifestyles that people may live and be respectful towards those leading different lives to themselves.