Our Vision at Ivington C of E Primary
To create e-confident learners:
- Who are able to find access and process information.
- Who have the skills to choose and use technology efficiently and adapt their skills to meet the challenge of new technologies.
- Who can use a range of technologies to communicate effectively and appropriately.
Children at Ivington C of E Primary use the Internet on a regular basis as an integral part of their learning. In school, we have regular eSafety activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
In our changing world, children are ever more exposed to a variety of different media and information. Increasing provision of the Internet both in and out of school brings with it the need to ensure our learners are safe!
Below are some tips and useful links to help keep your child safe:
- Know what your child is doing online
- Keep computers in a central place - this will help you keep an eye on your child's activities. You can check internet history in your browser and you can set up safe filtering.
- Talk about internet safety with your child
- Protect passwords - remind your child that should not share passwords with anyone, even friends at school. Ensure that they change these occasionally.
- 'Meeting' on line - teach your child to never exchange private information with people they meet online. Make sure your child understands they should keep new online friends strictly online. If someone asks to meet them in the real world they must tell you about it. If someone they don't know asks to be their online friend they must ask you first.
- Prevent viruses - use anti-virus software and teach children not to open attachments to documents without asking.
Below are some useful links to help you to keep your children safe online: